Create your own handmade cards with this super simple DIY lace greeting card tutorial! Inexpensive paper doilies are used to create a beautiful lace patterning. These blank cards will make a lovely personalized thank you card or a note just to say hello and let someone know you are thinking of them.
It always means so much to me when someone makes the time to send some good old fashioned snail mail :)
What you’ll need:
- Paper doilies
- Scrap paper
- Blank card and envelope
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Paint palette (a jar lid or paper plate will work just fine)
- Lay down your scrap paper, then the blank card and finally the doily.
- Begin to stipple the paint over the doily. Stippling (the use of gentle quick dabs) will keep the paint from smearing versus brushing which can smear the pattern. Continue until the entire surface of the card has been covered. Gently remove the doily and set card aside to dry.
- Use a fresh doily and place it over a corner of the envelope. Stipple only the corner, remove doily and set envelope aside to dry.
- Once your greeting card and envelope are dry you’re ready to personalize and send them off to be enjoyed!