by Lydia Makepeace
- first time for 2 separate orders in one day
- 2 Etsy front page features
- first Etsy commissioned painting
- providing killer customer service when afore mentioned commission was lost in the mail
- recreated commissioned painting (even better than the first version!)
- reached 100 items in my shop
- tripled last year’s sales
- first international sale
This year I finally started to believe in myself as a businesswoman and am excited to take my commitment to the next level.
- creating a separate bank account for business income and expenses
- entering my artwork into juried shows
- creating even more paintings than last year
- exploring new mediums
- reaching 200 items in my shop
- doubling last year’s sales
- adhering to a studio schedule
I’d also like to eat more vegetables, exercise more consistently (resist the comfy couch!) and seek out new adventures.
What are your 2015 goals? Comment below!
I Discover Wrinkles
I Find My Groove
A recap from my first week of the 100 Day Project
A few of my favourite books about art and creativity.
Wanna learn the #1 secret to being a prolific artist, designer, writer..? It’s profoundly simple.
What if I told you that making ugly art was the only way to be a good artist? You’d probably give me a funny look and inform me that good artists make beautiful art and that’s what makes them so great. Well I’m going to share a secret with you...
Does the world need Art? Why do we Create?
Last week I talked about the importance of creative exercise. One of the best ways to stay creatively in shape is to keep a creativity sketchbook or artist journal. It’s quick and easy and you don’t even have to be able to draw...
Creativity is like a muscle - it needs a workout in order to strengthen and grow...
In this sketchbook peek I give you a look inside my own creative process for designing a website. The creative process is not always pretty but it’s usually pretty interesting...