What do rhinos, chili peppers, and magic words have in common? They’re all topics from podcasts I listened to this week! Podcasts are the new obsession I cannot get enough of. From riveting stories to compassionate advice they’re my go to listening material whilst working in the studio. Below are my many favorites -
- This American Life - Collections of true stories centered around a weekly theme.
- Radio Lab - Investigative journalism told through sounds and stories around one big idea.
- Stuff You Should Know - Learn how everything from police dogs to landfills work.
- Serial - (The podcast that started my obsession.) Sarah Koenig explores the story of Adnan Syed, a high school student convicted of murdering his ex-girlfriend. Did he really do it?
- The Longest Shortest Time - A parenting podcast so good that even non parents (myself included) tune in. Be sure to check out episode #60: The Accidental Gay Parents and prepare for the waterworks.
- After the Jump - Design blogger Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge interviews designers, makers, and artists about what it takes to create a thriving business.
- Dear Sugar Radio - Based on the cult favorite advice column Dear Sugar.
- Big Magic - Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love, offers advice to creatives who feel stuck.
Recommend your own favorite podcasts below!